The new cookbook HERE!! It is official…Powerful Paleo Superfoods is on the shelves!! If you want to learn more about what is in the inside of my new cookbook you can read my post called Inside Look. There I dig a little deeper into what you will find on the pages within the book. I’m really excited about this book and can’t wait for you to get your hands on it. Want to know where to order? Take a look below for the best places to find the new cookbook.
Where to Preorder Powerful Paleo Superfoods
- If you are in the US: You can preorder your copy from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, IndieBound, Indigo or QBookShop.
- If you are in the UK: You can preorder your copy from Amazon.co.uk or by visiting your local book store.
- If you are in Canada: You can preorder your copy from Amazon.ca or by visiting your local book store.
Now for some fun! Today I am sharing a recipe from the new cookbook. With strawberries in season I thought it would be the perfect refreshing recipe to share. This recipe is one of my favorites from the book because it’s a nice change from traditional salsa. You can add it to chicken, fish, or as a stand alone and it gives a dish something a little something special. Strawberries are a favorite in my house as are avocado’s. Did you know that strawberries have high levels of vitamin C, making them a natural immune booster, and avocados supply anti-inflammatory polyphenols and flavonoids. If you haven’t tried the combination of these powerhouses together, this sweet and savory salsa will win you over.
Strawberries have high levels of vitamin C, making them a natural immune booster, and avocados supply anti-inflammatory polyphenols and flavonoids. If you haven’t tried the combination of these powerhouses together, this sweet and savory salsa will win you over.
- 1 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup avocado, peeled and finely cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (or basil)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately over prepared chicken (or protein of choice).
To Make Simply Grilled Chicken: Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each and then season with salt and pepper (or seasoning of choice). Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
Don’t forget to get your copy of my new cookbook, Powerful Paleo Superfoods where you will find 60+ recipes plus a deeper look in the superhero foods of paleo.