It’s been awhile since I’ve actually posted a recipe, but all for good reasons. I have been busy with the 2nd cookbook and it is officially turned into the publisher. Yay! Two cookbooks in a short 9 month period of time has been a lot…and we can’t forget about the e-cookbook I also worked on. I’m not complain because it has been a wonderful experience and it has filled one of my biggest dreams…to write a cookbook! I will keep you all posted on the in’s-and-out’s of where and when you can find them all. The 1st book, Paleo Desserts and Treats, is scheduled for September or October which will be here before you know it. The 2nd book, Paleo Superfoods, will be out sometime in April or May of 2014. Stay tuned for more details as they come.
Other things going on the site that you might not know…
I now offer Meal Plans to make your Paleo life a little easier.
I also now have Multiply Delicious Paleo 365 shirts that you can sport around town to let everyone know how much you love Paleo.
Now onto a recipe… muffins! There is something about combining dark chocolate and banana that makes for a wonderful naturally sweetened treat. It’s one of those treats you deserve every now and then. Especially when ripe banana’s sit on your kitchen counter and you are left trying to figure out what to use them for. With the ones I had, I turned to “dessert” muffins for the little ones. Of course I had a few myself…after all I deserve a sweet paleo treat every now and then too. By the way, these won’t last long in your house if it’s anything like mine.
Before sharing the recipe, I hope to be back to my normal blogging self. Thank you all for being patient and supportive during these past few months. I promise I have lots of recipes stocked up that I haven’t been able to share because the late days and nights of the book. Stay tuned and hopefully the wait will be worth it. Also, I have one more book review to share with you soon. More to come….are excited?! Perhaps you are more excited for me to share this recipe instead….
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (85% cacao and higher), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut milk and using a hand mixer combine everything together until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, and cacao powder. Add dry ingredients to the bowl with wet ingredients and using the hand mixer again mix together. With a spoon, stir in chopped dark chocolate.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, until cake tester comes out clean. Transfer pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and cool completely on rack.