Today I’m so excited to tell you about a new cookbook: Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes, by Elana Amsterdam and published by Ten Speed Press. Ever since I received an advance review copy of Elana’s cookbook several weeks ago, it’s been taunting me from the top of the pile of books on my nightstand. I am so behind on my reading these days by the way. I have been following Elana’s blog for years now and she helped me when I first started on my Paleo/Gluten-Free baking journey. I referred to her blog so many times and she never let me down. Elana’s new cookbook is packed with delicious recipes covering every possible meal, side dish, or dessert you could think of. She has you covered and helps you see just how pain-free it is to make easy-to-prepare recipes using clean and healthy food. One of my favorite aspects of this book is that Elana shares recipes from her friends and fellow Paleo bloggers, making the book feel very personable….which is an added bonus in my opinion when it comes to cookbooks.
I wish I could spend the rest of the day talking about Elana’s beautiful book, but it’s time for me to get back to work….my 2nd cookbook deadline is JULY 1ST!! Yikes! But do yourself a favor and get your pretty hands on this new Paleo cookbook by Elana’s Pantry.
Oh….and one more thing….I am excited to be GIVE AWAY A COPY of Elana’s beautiful new cookbook!
If you are interested in owning this cookbook, Ten Speed Press is giving away one copy to one of my readers. Yay!!
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older(…sorry)
- One entry per person
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post telling me why this cookbook interests you.
- The giveaway begins June 25, 2013 and ends on July 1st, 2013 at 11:00 pm eastern time.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED: WINNER IS KIMBERLY ANN
Elana has also graciously allowed me to re-print one of her recipes from the book so you can have a chance to try something out and feel more confident in purchasing her book. I had a hard time picking from the recipes because all of them sound and look delicious. But the words BACON and TART won my heart over!
- 1 pound organic bacon
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, ?thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 prebaked Shallot Tart Crust
- For crust:
- 11/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Spectrum all-vegetable ?shortening
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- To make Tart:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and, when cool enough to handle, mince. Pour off and discard the fat from the skillet. Return the minced bacon to the skillet, add the scallions, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pepper, and salt. Stir in the bacon and scallions, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake the tart for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned around the edges and cooked through. Let cool for 20 minutes, then serve.
- To make crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour and salt. Pulse in the egg and shortening, then pulse in the shallots until the dough forms a ball. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch metal tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before filling.
“Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, 2013). Photo Credit: Leigh Beisch.”
Now go and comment for a chance to win!!