The new look is up and I couldn’t be more excited to share everything that has been going on behind the scenes with you finally. It’s been a vision of mine for awhile now to have a cleaner look and a more focused look. Melissa and Erin at Wooden Spoons Kitchen design really helped all of it come to life and made my dream and visions a reality. There are still things that are a work in progress but hopefully everything will be running smoothly soon. Take a look and let me know what you think. There are a few new things you’ll see around the site, like….
Paleo 365 Meal Plans!! I’m very excited about this new aspect of the blog. I have been asked on so many occasions to share more meal plans so I decided to take it one more step and offer them on the site. Take a look and read all about the options. There are options for a month-to-month, 3-month, and a 1-year subscription. Each week I will post a new menu that can only be accessed through your membership log-in. Within the week you will receive 6 menu’s – 4 that can be used for lunch or dinner and 2 breakfast/brunch menus. You will also receive a grocery list, tips, and extras within the menu plans. I’m very excited about sharing this with all of you and I hope you are excited too!
Another excited thing is you will now have the option to print recipes and save them if you already have a ZipList account!
AND you will now have the chance to Pin recipes to Pintrest by just hovering over the images in the posts! Exciting, right?
Some other things you will find on the site are additional information that will help you (hopefully) on your Paleo journey, like:
Tips on Stocking Your Paleo Pantry
and a look into why having a Seasonal Plate is important
All exciting stuff so again take your time in looking at all the new stuff on the site. And don’t forget to sign-up for newsletter (top corner) and also subscribe to receive emails. And a warning, if you signed-up in the past you may need to sign-up again as I lost a lot of info in the move over to the new site design….sorry!
I have a lot more to chat about but I save it so I won’t overwhelm you completely with new “stuff”.
Enjoy this new recipe which happens to be a new favorite salmon dish of mine.
And the Caribbean Citrus Spice can be used on a variety of other dishes if you have remaining leftover. I have used it on chicken and I have also recently used it on a dish involving Sweet Potatoes (my favorite) that will be in one of the new cookbooks I’m working on. Stay tuned, more on that soon.
Enjoy the salmon and I will be back more sharing more recipes…
Between the warmth of the Caribbean spice blend and the fresh wild salmon, this dish makes for the perfect summer time meal.
- 4 - Wild Salmon (4-6 ounces each)
- To Make Caribbean Citrus Spice, combine
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine Caribbean Citrus Spice mixture. Rub about 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of spice mixture on the tops of the salmon fillets making sure to evenly coat. You may have some spice mixture remaining which can be stored in an airtight container and used again.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat and lightly coat with a little coconut oil or other fat of choice (you won’t need much because salmon is already a oily fish). Add salmon, skin side up, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook skin side down, until salmon is opaque throughout, about another 5 minutes. You can gently remove skin by using a spatula if you prefer.
- Serve immediately with sides of choice.