I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with friends and family and hopefully lots of yummy (paleo) food.  My family and I enjoyed a low-key Thanksgiving which was a nice alternative to our very crazy lives.  We all got to do what we like…the kids watched the Thanksgiving Parade, the hubby got to watch football, and I got to cook.  Ha!  No, seriously though it was great.  Not sure if you follow me on Instagram, but I posted a picture of our Paleo Pecan Pie.  I wasn’t a lover of Pecan Pie before but now I just might be.  You’ll have to wait though till the cookbook for the recipe.  Sorry guys!

I hope you aren’t tired of pumpkin by now!  I had leftovers of pumpkin and I was tired of eggs for breakfast and for some reason missed a hot bowl of oatmeal that I once enjoyed in my pre-Paleo days.  So this recipe came about.  I liked it so much I had it two mornings in a row.  I highly recommend throwing some toasted pecans with the apples on top.  It’s not photographed here but I think you should totally do it if you make this.

I’m going to keep this post short.  I’m tired!  I’m completely swamped with deadlines but I still wanted to let you guys know I love you and share another recipe before I laid my head down for the night.

And don’t forget about the 30% discount deal eMeals is having.  You have until Friday, November 30th to take advantage of the discount for their Paleo meal plans.  It’s a great deal and great for the busy holiday season.

Pumpkin Spiced Paleo “Oatmeal” with Maple Cinnamon Apples

¼ cup coconut flour

½ cup canned coconut milk, plus 2 tablespoons

½ cup water

3 medjool dates

½ cup pumpkin puree

1 egg

1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Pinch of Sea Salt

¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut

In a heat proof bowl, place medjool dates and 1 tablespoon of water and microwave for 30 seconds.  Remove and mash dates with fork.

In a bowl of a food processor combine coconut flour, ½ cup coconut milk, water, mashed dates, pumpkin puree, egg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and sea salt processing until smooth.  Remove blade and stir in shredded coconut.

In a pot over medium heat add mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes stirring constantly, making sure not to overcook or the oatmeal will become too dry.  Add 2 tablespoon coconut milk and stir to incorporate.

For Maple Apple Cinnamon Topping:

1 apple, peeled cored and diced

1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)

1 teaspoon coconut oil

¼ – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Dash of sea salt

Stir all the topping ingredients together to combine.  Add to a skillet over medium high heat and heat apples until soft and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.  Serve over oatmeal and enjoy!

Makes about 2 servings.

13 Responses to Pumpkin Spiced Paleo “Oatmeal” with Maple Cinnamon Apples

1. wendy says:

That looks fantastic! I’m cooking a pumpkin tonight, so I can make this for breakfast. Thanks!!

2. Donna says:

Absolutely LOVING the fact that this offering is not nut-laden…It sounds warm, nourishing and perfect for this holiday season..Thank you for a paleo alternative to comforting satisfying hot “cereal” cravings…Making this stat!!

3. Samantha says:

I have been absolutely craving oatmeal, and my resolve has been wavering. Thank you so much for sharing!

4. […] Pumpkin Spiced Paleo “Oatmeal” with Maple Cinnamon Apples […]

5. Elisa says:

I made this today, mainly for myself, but also for my husband who doesn’t like pumpkin very much and my 14 yr old son who just stated yesterday that he’d like to try the Paleo diet with us. Well… it was a huge hit!!!! I even gave it to my son while he was still in bed and I thought for sure he would turn his nose up at it, but he looked in the bowl, took a nibble and then shot right up to a sitting position to eat the rest of the bowl!!! Awesome recipe!!! Thanks!!! Elisa

this sounds amazing! is there anything I could use in place of the dates, I have to keep my blood sugar levels down. and dates aren’t my friends lol. thanx!

7. Laura Cross says:

Heather, I just wanted to introduce myself. I saw your website and ebook on Paleomg.com’s site and I have spent the last hour looking at your site. I just started blogging this year (ourfullplate.com) and have a lot in common with you. I am a mother of two and I love to cook healthy meals (mostly all Paleo) for my family. I also work full time so my meals have to be EASY yet taste good because my boys are tough critics. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I will be coming back to check out more recipes for sure. This morning I had a weak moment and was craving oatmeal (who craves oatmeal, I guess Paleo peopel do?). I MUST TRY THIS RECIPE of yours. Can’t wait!

Laura

8. Elissa says:

I can’t eat even GF oatmeal, so i’m so excited to try this alternative. Thank you! :)

9. Pam says:

This looks SO good, I’m making it for breakfast! :) I can’t believe I’m just finding your blog, looks great.

10. Rachel Stiyer says:

This looks amazing! I’m a sucker for oatmeal, so I’m so excited to try this paleo version! The pumpkin is what seals the deal for me though–I can’t wait to try it!!

11. MK says:

Looking forward to trying these as for once I have all the ingredients. Thank you for sharing….

12. barbara page says:

My Chiro. recommended this diet to me, and i am starting this week, i have been looking for info. and getting books. just came across your recipes and wanted to thank you, because your recipes make the diet look livable. it looks similar to how i cook on when i cook gluten free for my husband. now we have a diet that can benefit both of us, looking forward to trying out your recipes. thanks again

Barbara

13. […] Pumpkin Spiced Paleo “Oatmeal” with Maple Cinnamon Apples – Multiply Delicious […]