First of all thank you all for your sweet comments on the blog and also on my facebook page about the exciting cookbooks in the works.  I’m very excited and I’m pinching myself every day to make sure this is all real and not a dream.  The pinching is starting to hurt by the way!

By the way, I suck at coming up with recipe names.  I had no idea what to call this dish.  The fruit aspect of this dish totally screwed up my original thought…Roasted Fall Veggies.  I know not very creative either.  Oh well!  I think my brain is just mush right now.  It shouldn’t be though.  The hubby and I went away this past weekend for a little 3 day getaway minus the little ones.  We needed it.  Just a little quiet time up in the mountains with nothing but cooler temperatures and some beautiful fall foliage and kick butt hiking trails.  Ahhhh yes it was just what the doctor called for.  By the way, if you follow me on Instagram I posted this picture of our view from our tiny cabin.

Ok, so I guess I have no excuse for bad recipe names after having a few days off looking at that!  Maybe I can blame it on….no, I got nothing!

Anyways I’m loving all the ingredients in this recipe right now.  All of which are from the local farmers market, which by the way I’m also loving right now.  Making this dish made me realize how much I missed brussels sprouts.  Last year I discovered just how delicious they are.  I know shame on me right?  It took me that long to discover that!  Well I was always scared away by them.  Mostly because of the dreaded story you hear when it comes to these little green cabbages, “if you don’t cook them the right way then they turn out horrible”.  Also my mom hates brussels sprouts so we never had them when I was growing up.  My mom makes that horrible face every time I talk about brussels sprouts too.  I’m sure it’s the face I make at her every time she eats what she eats too.  I won’t go into detail since my mom reads my blog (love you mom), but lets just say mom hasn’t picked up on the Paleo ways of eating.  She respects it but just doesn’t get it.  Maybe one of these days I’ll convince her…..hmmmm….maybe when pigs fly!

In other news I start a Paleo challenge on Friday.  It’s also the night I give my very first public Paleo talk.  Yikes!  Super excited but totally scared too.  It will be fun….the challenge on the other hand will be interesting.  Probably not the best time to be doing a challenge when you are also in the middle of testing Paleo desserts for a cookbook!  Which leads me to my next question.  Would any of you fabulous readers be interested in being a recipe tester?  I have 85 recipes to develop with only 17 of them coming from the blog and only 60 days until the manuscript is due.  Let’s just say….I need your help.  So if you are interested in doing some recipe testing leave me a message below in the comments.  I would owe you big time!

I’m off into the night to finish some last minute sewing of some Halloween costumes for tomorrows big night.  Have a safe one everyone!

Roasted Fall Harvest

1 pound brussels sprouts

1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes (about 1 cup)

1 Fuji apple, cut into 1/2 cubes

1 Pear, cut into 1/2 cubes

3/4 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

1/3 cup toasted pecans, diced

1/4 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.

Wash brussels sprouts and cut the ends off, then cut into halves or quarters depending on how big your brussels are.  The goal is to try to have all the fruit and veggies in this dish to be about the same size so they cook evenly.  Just keep this in mind when chopping everything up.

Add brussels sprouts, sweet potato cubes, apple cubes, pear cubes, butternut squash cubes, sea salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss together.  Add melted coconut oil over veggies and fruit to evenly coat.  Add mixture to baking sheet and spread evenly to coat the pan.

Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until veggies and fruit are soft and tender.  The cooking time will depend on how large you make your cubes too.  Immediately after removing pan from oven sprinkle toasted chopped pecans and cranberries over the veggies and fruit and stir to combine.

Serve immediately on it’s own or as a side.

Makes about 4-5 servings.

41 Responses to Roasted Fall Harvest

1. Lee Ann says:

I would be very interested in recipe testing. Ive been following you for a while right when you first began your Paleo journey knowing that my sons Biomedical doctor for Autism would eventually lead us down the Paleo path. We are finally going full Paleo this week so I think I might be a good candidate in so far as coming from a non-paleo experience with cooking and baking. And I love cooking too!

2. Ashley says:

I’ll be a tester!

3. Michelle Miller says:

I would love to be one of your recipe testers! :)

4. Rebecca says:

What exactly does being a recipe tester entail? I am interested!

5. Holly Foster says:

I would be interested in helping you out and trying some recipes. :)

6. Sara says:

Hello! I am new to your blog and can already tell that I’m going to love it! If you still need people to test some recipes, I would love to do it! I think it would be a great opportunity to get acquainted not only with you and your blog, but also with the Paleo way of living (which I am completely new to).

Thank you!
    Sara

7. Caroline says:

Would love to test recipes for you! Just let me know what I need to do. Can’t wait!

8. Kathy says:

I’d be interested in testing recipes for you. I’m always looking for new things to try in the kitchen. Let me know if you still want some help!

9. La Chapstick Fanatique says:

I would definitely love to test! i love cooking and i have been getting into more Paleo cooking.

10. Heather says:

Hi…I have really gotten into cooking/baking VERY healthy…grain free, gluten free, sugar free, etc. and now instead of ordering treats/desserts for each birthday at our office, I make everything. I also Love trying new recipes ..so with that said, I would love to help test recipes for you especially desserts so let me know if you still need Testers.
    Thank you and congrats and good luck with your cookbook. I can’t wait for it.
    Heather

11. Morgan says:

I would love to be a recipe tester!

12. Kristen says:

I haved loved everything I have made off your website. Cannot wait for your cookbook. I would be a taster if needed!!

13. Mindy says:

I would be honored to test a recipe for you. I have made and loved so so many of your recipes.

14. Kerri says:

I’ve only been Paleo for 4 months, so I would LOVE to help you test new recipes…after all, a girl can’t live by bacon alone, can she? :0)

15. Samantha says:

I’d love to help out and test recipes if you still need volunteers!

And this recipe just convinced me to give brussels sprouts one more try. They’re going on the shopping list =]

16. Erin Wright says:

Just found your blog this week, and love it! We’ve been discussing going totally paleo in our household and I got lots of good information from you. I would love to be a tester if you still need any additiona help! : )

17. Shane Birkey says:

I just happened upon your site and I am so excited. My husband has been put on a Paleo diet and we have been at it for about a month but I am desperately looking for good recipes. I love to cook and bake and enjoy this new challenge but have found that I’m in a bit of a rut. Thanks for your ideas. Also, I would love to test recipes for you if you still need people. Thanks!

18. Meghanne Reburn says:

I’m also happy to taste test and give your recipes a shot at home before they are published :) Let me know how I can help. The midwives at my clinic will be very happy to also sample everything I prepare from your site!

19. Claudia says:

Ooh! I’m just starting to get bored with food so I would love to test some new recipes!

20. Shannon says:

We’d be happy to make recipes and give feedback, if that is what you are talking about…

21. stephanie says:

Ever since switching to paleo/primal last fall, I’ve been reading your blog, and trying as many recipes as I can. I absolutely love baking and trying out different recipes, and I initially thought that I wouldn’t be able to bake until I discovered your blog in my searching. How wrong I was :-) I’d love to be a tester if you still need some.

22. Debbie says:

I would be very interested in testing some of your recipes. Just let me know!

I would love to be a tester. I love all your recipes!

24. alix says:

I would just adore being a tester. I try almost all you post and the kids think it is so tasty! My 17 y/o son was dx with Type 1 diabetes 3 years ago. Since then, we eat low-carb using a WAP, Paleo/primal template. My 3 hungry kids just love when I cook up something new. So if there is still a spot………

25. Gianna says:

This recipe is delicious! I also tried it with whatever roastable veggies I had on hand (eggplant, purple cabbage and sweet potatoes) and it was just as good. It’s easy to make, and I end up with enough veggies to last a few days. Thanks.

26. Janine says:

How many does this recipe serve?

Would also love to be a taster if spots left.

THANKS!

Hi Janine,

Thanks Janine! I appreciate you volunteering. I’ll keep you posted. I’m trying to get everything out to my testers by the end o this week.
    Also, this will probably make around 4-5 servings.
    Thanks again!

28. Erin says:

I’m not sure if you need more testers but I would love to help! I’ve been following you for about a year and have enjoyed following you on your journey, not to mention being inspired to make healthy (and tasty) treats for my CrossFit Coach husband and one year old baby girl

29. [...] Roasted Fall Harvest – I highly recommend making this and serving it to people who claim to “hate” [...]

30. Petra says:

Thinking of bringing this to a Thanksgiving gathering at a friend’s house. I would have to make it the day before and then reheat.
    What are your thoughts? Would the veggies look okay or get puckery that way?

Hi Petra,
    Good question. I have reheated this as leftovers and didn’t have a big problem. I would suggest heating up in a skillet though instead of the oven because you don’t want the brown the brussel sprouts too much. Just place a little coconut oil or even better bacon grease in a skillet and allow the mixture to warm up. I would also suggest putting the cranberries and toasted pecans in just before serving or when you reheat in skillet.

32. [...] dairy, but it could be worse! Still gluten free and only heavy cream. She also made an awesomeee roasted fall harvest vegetable dish except we added onion and carrots and did not use sweet potatoes. So so soo good. Our dinner [...]

33. [...] ever eat (I made this for myself last week for lunch and yeah, it’s really, really good) Roasted Fall Harvest (seriously love that blog & I’ve been dying to try this recipe for months now! Finally [...]

34. dana says:

Just made this but used broccoli instead of brussels sprouts (only because i needed to use the broccoli)- was still very delicious! and i normally don’t like vegetables mixed with fruit!

35. prepped this today; making it tuesday when my mom comes over. i showed her your site and asked her to choose from a few sides that i’ve been eyeing. excited!
    thx for sharing your crazy healthy, crazy delicious recipes!! :)

36. Mary says:

Made this for dinner with a pork tenderloin tonight. Absolutely amazing! This will be a regular side dish at our home from now on and I must say I’m not easily impressed wtih many online recipes. So kudos to the creator of this recipe. Loved it!!

37. [...] food doesn’t have to be boring. HERE is a great Fall Paleo dish that Jules sent in from the website [...]

38. [...] Roasted Fall Harvest (Recipe courtesy of Multiply Delicious) [...]

39. Jenny says:

this fall harvest recipe is a favorite! The whole family loved it, thank you so much!

40. […] P.S. Here is a link to a recipe for an amazing and incredibly healthy vegetable dish for the Fall season…it is awesome and easy http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/10/roasted-fall-harvest/ […]