I have been so excited to share with all of you some exciting stuff that has been going on behind the scenes here at Multiply Delicious.

As you some of you know my family and I recently moved to Charlotte, NC.  Back in Florida I was working full-time and also running the blog.  Due to the move I had to resign from my job in hopes I could find something in our new city.  However, once we got here I decided to take some time and think about things and figure out where I wanted to go next with my career.  I’m always a believer in things will happen for a reason.  With time on my hands I was finally able to finish my Holistic Nutrition certification.  Yippee!!  The other thing that took much thought was the blog and where I wanted it to go.  This of course had a lot of daydreaming involved.  You see three years ago I started this blog and was walking down a different road that I am on right now with food.  This new path has been a brighter path too.  This blog is my way of sharing that brighter path with you, my reader.  Paleo changed my life and the blog has been my way of sharing this with all of you.  Ok, so with the daydreaming being front in center I started to think about doing an e-cookbook.  I even posted about it on my facebook page.  With that little post something else happened.  About a month ago I was contacted by Fair Winds Press and folks I am excited to announce that I’m writing a cookbook!!!!  Ok, I’m over here doing flips and cartwheels…something I haven’t done since I was kid which tells you two things…I’m pretty excited and I’m not thinking that my body can’t do those things anymore!  So behind the scenes I’m working overtime on my very first cookbook and it’s all about Paleo and even better Paleo Treats and Desserts….and 85 of them!  After all, we still need them in our Paleo lifestyle and we still have celebrations in our lives that we need something special to serve.  My hope is this cookbook will help you embrace your Paleo kitchen and reward yourself with seasonal whole treats minus the guilt.

That’s not all you guys!  Not only am I working on a cookbook planned to be released in October 2013, but I’m also working on a Paleo e-cookbook due out in early January 2013.  I know right?!  I was already working on this project when I was approached by the cookbook and I couldn’t turn back from my original idea of the e-cookbook.  Call me crazy!  But you all knew that about me already!  So I’m working with the very talented Heidi from Foodie Crush on the e-cookbook and I couldn’t be more excited about this project.  Some exciting things will be shared and it’s all about Paleo meals with a little twists along the way.  I can’t share too much because then it wouldn’t be a surprise!

So folks this has been a dream of mine for a long time to write a cookbook and I couldn’t be more excited to be doing it now times 2.  I guess the “Multiply” part of my blog is totally true when it comes to this instance too.  Two projects just like I had two little ones at the same time.  Again, everything happens for a reason I suppose.

I’ll be busy behind the scenes but don’t worry I’ll update you along the way and keep Paleo friendly recipes coming your way in the meantime.  I might even get to share a sneak peek along the way.

I really want to thank all of you out there!  Thank you for your support, feedback, and friendship!  You words and emails speak volumes to me.  You all make what I share here on the blog that much more special.

Before I leave you here is a treat…..a cookie treat to help in celebrating!  Enjoy!!

Pumpkin Spiced Cookie Cutter Cookies

1 3/4 cup almond flour (I prefer Honeyville)

2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

2 tablespoons maple syrup

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and sea salt.  Stir in almond flour and mix until well incorporated.  Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.

Roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper into ¼ to 1/2 – inch thickness.  Cut out with cookie cutter of choice and carefully place on prepared baking sheet.  If the cookies soften too much to place on the cookie sheet, transfer again to the freezer for a few minutes.  Place in freezer for 15 minutes and then bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or just golden around edges.  If you have remaining dough left roll out and cut out cookies and repeat.

Allow cookies to cool for 5 – 10 minutes on pan until transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days or they can be stored in the freezer for longer.

Enjoy!!!

Note: If you cut out cookies to 1/2-inch thickness they may need to bake a little longer.

22 Responses to Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cutter Cookies and an Announcement!

1. Kerri says:

Congrats on the great things that are coming to you! I can’t wait for both your e-cookbook and the other one, too! Can you please tell me where you got your Holistic Nutrition certification from? I’d love to get a recommendation for someplace reputable.
    Thank you.

2. Julia Mitchell says:

Congratulations, wonderful news, very excited for you.

Julia
    Australia

3. Kim says:

That’s great news! Congratulations on both projects.Can’t wait to see the cookbooks!

4. Caroline says:

Yum! Making these with my kids this weekend! Excited about the cookbook too. I am sure that both projects are all consuming, but when all the dust settles from them are you going to do anything with your holistic nutrition? I live in Greenville,SC which is one hour away and have been trying to find someone who I could use that would understand my paleo/primal way of eating.
    Thanks for all the delicious recipes!

5. Jenny G says:

Congrats! These cookies look yummy.

Hi Caroline!
    Thanks so much for your comment and I’m definitely am planning to use my holistic nutrition certification to help others out there with the primal/paleo lifestyle. It has changed my life so I only hope that I can help in changing others with the knowledge I have gained. I’m hoping to have things up and running on that also at the beginning of 2013 if all goes as planned. :)

Hi Kerri,

I received my certification from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts which takes a whole food approach. It took awhile for me to find somewhere and I really liked the course. They also have cooking involved in the course which is also something I liked.

8. Cara says:

Congrats! What fabulous news. I am a newer reader of your blog but I love what I see and I have no doubt this will be a smashing success :) Can’t wait to see it!

9. Nicole says:

The ingredients list pumpkin purée, but not when to add it. Also, how critical is chilling the dough?

Thanks!!

Hi Nicole,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have fixed it in the directions above but you place the pumpkin puree in along with all other ingredients. The chilling is really important with these cookies because they are fragile if not chilled and they are on the sticky side also if these aren’t cold.
    Thanks!

11. So excited to debut the cookbook with you! We’ll be doing flips and cartwheels together!

12. Tiffany says:

Congrats! I just started paleo about 7 weeks ago for the Whole Life Challenge and have to tell you your website has been a huge help with the whole process. I went from fast food and lots of sugar to strict paleo. I have never felt better or healthier. Even though the challenge is only one more week I want to try my hardest to stick with the lifestyle. Cant wait for the cookbooks!

13. amy says:

I love the recipes. I’ve only been doing Paleo for a couple of months and just starting trying baking. I’m on a weight loss program. Do you have any suggestions for substitutions for maple syrup and honey in your recipes that are low to no calorie?

14. Katherine says:

It’s funny, Paleo cookbooks are an exploding market — but your blog has always read like a gorgeous cook-book-y treat! Delicious, easy, replicable recipes. And inevitably when I hit the internet and enter terms I’m looking for in a recipe (like this morning), Multiply Delicious pops up! Your choices in what to include in your cookbook will be perfect, whatever they are. My plea: please, PLEASE make sure that the publishing folks working with you have the skills in creating a useable and helpful INDEX! That is the main complaint from cook/consumers of almost all the current volumes “out there” – even the top ones. It’s impossible to search the index for single ingredients to locate the recipe you want. Do read Amazon comments for the best & worst Paleo cookbooks. You’ll be able to create a Paleo cookbook that is as helpful as it is fabulous! Now am off to bake your coconut/banana/choc chip muffins!

Katherine,
    Thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I will definitely take your advise on the index. I’ve actually spent a lot of time think about that too. :) The index makes a world of difference when using cookbooks in my opinion too. Especially when you are trying to find recipes with specific ingredients. Like coconut flour…or almond flour. Many of us prefer to bake using one of those ingredients over the other.
    I hope I can make the cookbook a success for all of you out there. That’s my hope. :)

16. Very exciting to hear about your cookbook deal! Love your paleo recipes – especially the muffins & cookies! Many blessings as you dive into this new project. I’m excited to try this cookie cutter recipe as well. Having a Pumpkin-Themed Brunch for my daughter’s 1-year birthday on Sunday!

17. […] Cheesecake Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake Pumpkin Cream-Cheese Bars Pumpkin Fudge Pumpkin Spice Cookie-Cutter Cookies GAPS Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Filling Crustless Fruit-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie Paleo Pumpkin Pie Raw […]

18. Stacey says:

My son is allergic to nuts so I’ve been using brown rice flower by Bob’s Red Mill. I am making this recipe now using the brown rice flower but it is very dry and crumbly. Any suggestions?

Stacey, if the dough is too dry try adding more wet ingredients like additional pumpkin or maybe even a tablespoon of coconut milk. I haven’t worked with brown rice flour before so it might take some tweaking to get the recipe to work. Almond flour has a sweetness to it too so you might want to add more maple syrup to sweeten the cookies up.

20. Madison says:

this looks amazing, how many cookies does it make?

21. […] Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cutter Cookies – Multiply Delicious […]