Tuna, not something I usually gravitate to but for some reason but I went for it in this recipe.  I was also in need of lunch after a busy morning and had it on hand in the pantry.  I had some mashed sweet potato in the fridge leftover and here you have it….tuna bacon patties.  Bacon….ahhhh…it sure does make things taste tasty.  Highly recommend the sugar-free bacon from US Wellness Meats.  With the bacon if you freeze it, it makes dicing it up a lot easier.

I’m going to be limited with words in this post but I do want to ask a huge favor from all of you if you have a minute.  I’m dreaming up an idea of a e-cookbook but need your opinion.  Can you head on over to my facebook page and vote on a topic of choice you would prefer if my dream of an e-book does become a reality?  Pretty please?  Would really appreciate it.  And if you have other ideas leave a comment and let me know.  I’m all ears!  Thanks a bunch everyone!

Now here you go, the recipe.  Highly recommend it if you are looking for a change of pace of proteins.  Also great as leftovers.  Store these little guys in the fridge or freeze them for later.  If you work in a office…don’t take them and heat them up in the common place microwave.  Trust me!  They won’t be happy with tuna smell.  Ha!  I had one of these people at my work…we all ran for cover when we saw him making his way towards the kitchen with his tubberware dish.  Of course he would put things in the microwave for 10 minutes which was way over the needed amount of time.  Would smell the whole building up for hours.  Talk about unpleasant.  Ok…rambling!   But just trying to make you laugh.  Hopefully this isn’t turning you away from these delicious patties though.  Ha!  I better shut up.  Ok, I’m out but go and to my facebook page when you have a minute and cast your vote.  Thanks!

Tuna Bacon Cakes

1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed

2 to 3 green onions, finely diced

10 ounces canned wild albacore tuna, drained

2 to 3 slices cooked bacon, diced

2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped

1 small garlic clove, minced

Zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 teaspoon)

2 pastured eggs

2 tablespoons coconut flour

sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

coconut oil, avocado oil, or bacon grease

In a large bowl mix together all ingredients through coconut flour.  Season with salt and pepper.

In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat add fat of choice (coconut oil, avocado oil, or bacon grease), just enough to coat pan.

Form mixture into patties, should make about 7 or 8 patties.

Place about 3 to 4 patties into skillet, leave enough room around patties so they cook evenly.  Cook patties on each side until golden and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

Serve immediately over a salad or as you wish.  Highly recommend with some diced avocado.

Makes about 7 to 8 patties

Enjoy!

30 Responses to Tuna Bacon Cakes

These were delicious! Thank you for all your hard work.

Your welcome Rachel! So happy you liked them! :)

Had to come back and say how much I liked these. My one year old is a finnicky eater, and he gobbled these up for dinner and lunch today! They are perfect for a toddler–soft and easy to hold. Thanks again!

4. Lisa Wenner says:

These are so yummy! Thank you very much for this recipe! I didn’t have any cilantro so I added rosemary instead, dash of cinnamon, dash of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of almond four along with the 2 tbsp of coconut flour since I love the taste of almond flour. The tuna was so mild and patties so delicious!

5. Taysea says:

DELICOUS!!!! Made these the other day and I’ve been having them for breakfast with eggs and some guacamole ever since. My new favourite recipe. Thanks!!!

6. Kathy says:

Wondering how many is a serving? Do you just eat one with say eggs in the morning and then how many eggs? Just curious. Thank you and lovin all of your recipes.

Kathy,
    Depending on how big you make the patties this recipe can make about 7 to 8 patties, as mention above. One patty would equal one serving. I eat these over a salad or by themselves with avocado. You could have them with breakfast too with one or two eggs depending on you. :)

8. April says:

I made these this morning and they were yummy! I have a question though…I was afraid that the bacon was not cooked and some of it was probably not even cooked at all. (yuck) Maybe I didn’t dice my bacon fine enough? My knife needs sharpening. :-/ Wonder if it would be better to cook the bacon before? Thoughts?

Hi April,
    Yeah, dicing the bacon really fine will help it cook through when making the patties. Maybe next time cook the bacon before hand and crumble into the tuna cake mixture. That way you are safe. :)

10. [...] wings, cup of tomato and crab chowder. Dinner:  salad with left over tuna and bacon cakes (from here), cucumbers and tomatoes, and an avocado. Snacks: brownies. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike [...]

11. [...] was Tuna and Bacon Cakes from the website Multiply Delicious. I used salmon and tuna, and scratched the eggs and coconut [...]

12. [...] some sweet potatoes?  Add in a few extra spices and some green onions and you get these amazing Tuna Bacon Cakes, as originally seen on Multiply Delicious.  My version is a bit different because my hubby is not [...]

13. Jen says:

Looks really good and incredibly easy! I can’t wait to try it.

14. Brooke Nathanson says:

I have been trying to find new and interesting ways to use the tuna cans I have stocked up…THANK YOU for giving me something new to try, I cannot WAIT

15. Jaymee says:

I’ve made this before and it’s delicious! Just wondering if it can be frozen? I’d like to make a big batch and have it on hand. If it can should it be frozen uncooked or cooked ! Thanks !

Hi Jaymee,

I would suggest cooking them and allow them to cool completely then wrap and store in the freezer. I have done this actually and they have saved my life on those days I don’t want to cook. :) So happy that you have enjoyed the recipe too.

17. Alyson says:

These were great. I was skeptical at first, but they are delicious!

18. Alyson says:

Amazing! My new fav. Meal

19. Christine says:

These were amazing!

20. andrea says:

Just curious–Wild Planet cans tell you not to drain their tuna. So just wanted to clarify that for this recipe we should go ahead and drain right?

Hi Andrea,
    I prefer to drain the tuna for these cakes just so the mix isn’t too wet. If you prefer to keep it in you can but I would add additional coconut flour, maybe 1 to 2 teaspoons or until cakes can form but aren’t too dry.

22. Doug says:

My wife made these for Dinner with Fresh Tuna from a offshore fishing trip a few weeks ago – I must say Thanks for the recipe – Dinner was Great !

23. Lisa says:

Absolutely delicious! This is the third or fourth paleo fishcake recipe Ive tried and miles and away my favourite.They were the perfect consistency, quick and easy and most importantly super tasty. Thanks a lot for sharing!

24. Ashleigh says:

Could you put these in muffin pans and bake them in the oven?

25. WIAW 7.3.13 says:

[...] 2 Tuna Bacon Cakes with Carrots and Brussel Sprouts. I found the Tuna Bacon Cakes on Pinterest! Bacon and Sweet [...]

26. Hollie says:

Can almond flour be subbed in a different amount for cocanut flour ?

27. bewanna says:

gonna make these tomorrow!

28. AmyP. says:

Yum! My husband ate something with tuna in it for the first time and really liked these-ate three! The bacon and sweet potato out flavor the tuna, for those who don’t like it. Yay! Thank you.

29. […] veggie salad D- Paleo pizza night! Saturday L- Chicken salads loaded with leftover veggies D- Multiply Delicious’ Tuna-Bacon Cakes with salad and sweet […]

30. […] Primal Cravings Tuesday L-Empanada leftovers with salad D- Tuna cakes with spinach salad (Using this Multiply Delicious recipe as a […]