Two posts within a week….holy smokes!  I haven’t done that in awhile.  I’ve neglected you guys haven’t I!  Sorry!  So I’ve been inspired to get in the kitchen this week and have also had some free time since I’m now without job due to the move.  Hopefully that will change soon.  We shall see.  Fingers crossed!  Anywho, so these pancakes are pretty fabulous.  Great to make the little ones too.  Speaking of little ones, mine have been spending long days with me so I have to come up with creative things for us all to do.  They happen to love to help in the kitchen so it works out for all of us.  Food in our tummies and recipes up on the blog.  Score!  These were consumed very quickly even though we made them in the middle of the day.  We called them our “snack”.  We also had to make sure they were worthy of posting.  Ha!  Excuses, excuses!  Honestly, we couldn’t keep ourselves away between the smell and the taste of these.  A word to the wise…. watch out these will be gone quickly so double them up if you want leftovers.  I’ve already had requests to make these yummy cakes again this weekend.  As I type this and they see the pictures on the screen they have made me promise we will.  I guess these are a keeper in my house.

Also, before I leave you with the recipe….when cooking these be careful when flipping.  They aren’t like the carb version of pancakes.

Have a super fabulous weekend everyone!!

Paleo Carrot Cake Pancakes

4 organic dates (around 4 or 5 depending on the size), pits removed

1/4 cup coconut milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoon coconut flour

1/3 cup blanched almond flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 small carrots)

In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave dates with an addition of 1 tablespoon water for 30 seconds.  Remove and mash dates with fork.

In the bowl of a food processor, process date mixture, eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.

In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (coconut flour through cloves).  Add dry ingredients to the wet in the food processor and process together until well combine.

Pour batter into a small bowl and then stir in shredded carrots.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt a little coconut oil into skillet.  Once skillet is hot pour even pancakes into skillet.  Allow to cook on one side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and gently flip pancake and cook on other side until golden.

Serve immediately and top with additional shredded carrots if desired.

Makes about 4 large pancakes or 6 small/medium pancakes.

Enjoy!

11 Responses to Carrot Cake Pancakes

1. Caitlyn says:

This recipe just made my day! I have a soft spot for carrot cake anything.

2. Cara says:

These sound fantastic – I bet they’d also be great topped with some cashew cream “cheese” !

Yum Cara! I bet so too. Do you have a great recipe for cashew cream “cheese”?

4. […] Carrot Cake Pancakes from Multiply Delicious […]

5. Kaela says:

Wow seriously these were delicious!!!!!! I had been struggling this past year with cravings, although I never succumed to such cravings I was absolutely miserable! Thank you so much! I cannot wait to try the other recipes!!!!!!

6. Shannon says:

I just want to thank you for the carrot cake pancakes…and well, for all your paleo recipes. This is the closest thing to bread that I have had since starting on this paleo journey 3 weeks ago. It’sgetting easier every day but it’s nice to know that I can still whip up some super yummy things and still stay on track. Thanks again :)

7. Lauren says:

If I don’t use the microwave, do you have another idea for the dates? :)

Hi Lauren,
    You can boil some water and place the dates in a bowl and pour some of the boiling water (just enough to slightly cover) over the dates. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and then mash the dates with the back of your fork. :)

9. RanchoCooks says:

Haven’t met a carrot I didn’t like and it looks like we will love these! Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for all the great paleo recipes!

10. VR says:

Just curious….says serve immediately. Do you think they would be good if we made extra and froze for future use? I do that w/ Banana pancakes?

VR,
    Yes, these can be frozen and enjoyed later for sure. :)