What’s a girl to do without her almonds or even more her almond butter….well she resorts to coconut butter.  Have you had coconut butter?  It’s a little scoop of heaven in my opinion.  If you buy coconut butter from the store the little jar is a little pricey so every scoop you take is very valuable.  These days I like to take several scoops so when stumbling across Nom Nom Paleo’s recipe for coconut butter it wasn’t hard to twist my arm into making it.  After all, the list of ingredients are small and the cost  of all these ingredients is a whole lot less then the jarred treat.  I changed things up slightly and added cinnamon to the coconut butter, but if you aren’t a cinnamon fan just don’t include.  If you are a huge cinnamon fan like me you can add more if you so desire.  Either way you will have your own little jar of coconut butter that you won’t feel too guilty about taking all the scoops you want.  But fair warning…..this stuff is addicting!!

I’m going to scoot now because I’m one tired girl.  I was away for work since last Thursday and just got back home yesterday afternoon and I spent today with my little munchkins who were out of school for MLK Day.  That all equals to me being very tired and very behind on lots, ok everything!  Amazing how being away for a short period can really set you back.  Don’t worry I have some yummy recipes on tap this week.  Now to figure out which to post next.

Now excuse me while I run and take a scoop of my coconut butter and head to bed…..by the way they claim a scoop of coconut butter helps you to sleep swimmingly.  I’ll use that for my excuse to take a dip into my coconut butter jar every night.

Enjoy!!

Cinnamon Coconut Butter

8 ounce package of unsweetened coconut flakes

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (can add more if desired)

1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

In a bowl of a food processor or blender, place all of the ingredients.  Turn food processor on and let it work it’s magic.  This process will take a while to blend down to a coconut butter consistency.  Stop halfway through processing to scrape down the sides of the processor or blender.  Continue processing….yes a lot of processing in the food processor.  Your food processor will be nice and hot after making your coconut butter but it’s worth it!

Makes about 1 cup of coconut butter

Enjoy!

22 Responses to Cinnamon Coconut Butter

1. Katrina says:

Yum! This would go so lovely on cinnamon raisin bread or bagels! :)

2. leslie says:

I can almost smell how good this must taste!

3. Katy says:

I just found your blog through Urban Poser and I am a big fan! love your ideas

4. mary says:

I just made some coconut butter the other day and I love it. It was nice and smooth when I made it but the next day it became really hard and impossible to scoop. Did you have this problem?

Hi Mary,
    I haven’t had that problem so far with mine, but it’s a normal occurrence with coconut butter. Just place it in the microwave for a little bit and it’s back to its smooth consistency in no time. And is still super delicious.

6. Susan says:

LOVE your blog! Just discovered it a couple weeks ago. This recipe sounds wonderful…love cinnamon in everything!

7. CJ says:

This is the second time today for making your own coconut butter – I think I’m gonna have to try myself!! Thanks for posting.

8. Stef says:

How long did you blend for? H

9. Stef says:

How long did you blend for? HOw did you get it so smooth? Mine still in “crunchy” lOoking

Hi Stef, I blended for 10 minutes, maybe more. Just until it became creamy. You are still going to have a slight texture though to the coconut butter.

Thanks,
    MD

11. Carrie says:

Made this yesterday after I saw your post — awesomeness! I added a splash of organic madagascar vanilla to mine, too, very subtle hint of vanilla. Love it that it’s not *sweet*, but satisfies my sweet tooth. I love it on a spoon, with fruit, and I’m betting it’s wonderful in hot cereal.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

12. Bridget says:

What is the shelf life of it? Do you store it in the fridge or room temp?
    Thanks,
    Bridget

Hi Bridget, Definitely store at room temperature. :)

14. Bonnie says:

Hi I stumbled on to your web site while searching raw and paleo diets…. I love everything I have read so far and had to make this coconut butter immediately after reading it…you are right it is addicting..even my husband a peanut butter nosher loves it! I just wondered it may not last long but is it fine in the pantry? I assumed it would be but just had to ask……mine came out thin and creamy an awesome texture…
    Thanks for sharing!
    Bonnie

15. Bonnie says:

Ha Ha both Bridget and I had the same question …we both must have been making it at the same time…too funny!

16. Guess what I just made?! This is delicious!! Guess what I’m going to do….smear it on baked sweet potatoes!!

17. Karen says:

Would coconut butter be the same in recipes as coconut cream concentrate?

Hi Karen,
    Coconut butter and coconut cream concentrate are the same thing. It is coconut oil with the raw flesh mixed in. It is a raw coconut butter, similar consistency to a nut butter. It’s delish!
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

19. sam says:

I am completely brand new to paleo and this sounds delicious but what do you eat it with (besides just on a spoon)? If I wasn’t doing paleo I would of course put it on some sort of bread, so what else?

20. Holly says:

So this makes one serving, right?… Hehe, all kidding aside, I just made this, and it is ridiculously delicious. I ground in a little nutmeg, too, and it’s perfect. Hits that sweet craving without all the sugar or sweet-tasting chemicals. Fantastic!

21. Erin says:

Just made this tonight! Super easy and super delicious!

22. […] Raw Cacao Butter Chocolate Bark Strawberries Dried in the Oven Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites Cinnamon Almond Coconut Butter Coconut Cream Pie […]