I’m a little in love with these Paleo Herb Crackers, so much so I have made them 3 times in the past week.  Wow!  I know crazy, but here is another crazy thing…I have also made the Coconut Chicken Nuggets 3 times too!  Yes, I guess I’ve had a addicted type of personality these days in the kitchen!  That or I’m too lazy to make anything else.  Hmmm?  Possibly so since life is totally crazy lately, hence the lack of blog posts on the other side of the blog.  I promise I will try to get back to a somewhat normal posting soon.

Ok, back to these crackers….  since the nuggets require a egg yolk and the crackers require a egg white they are a great pairing when I’m cooking one or the other.  Nothing wasted.  Perfect, especially considering I love them both.  The crackers can be changed up depending on what spices you want to add too.  I have a organic salt free pizza seasoning that rocks in these crackers.  I also added rosemary, which is another one of my favorite herbs.  But again, you get to decide what spice you like best.  I’m telling you though these crackers are very addicting.  They are a great little quick “snack”, but of course in proportion if you are following a Paleo lifestyle.  My little munchkins loved these too so I added these to their lunch box a couple times last week.  If your little ones don’t like spices keep that in mind when picking your spices of choice.  For example, the pizza seasoning I use has red pepper flakes and if you get a bite of cracker with too much of red pepper flake it can have a little spicy bite.  Some little ones don’t like the heated spices.  If you do try different spices come back and leave a comment letting me know what you added and what you and your family liked.  I would love to hear.  I’m seriously thinking about doing a “sweet” like cracker with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice….I wonder how that would taste.  To be continued…if I try it I’ll let you know.

Enjoy the crackers everyone and I’ll be back later this week with a special treat….a giveaway!

Paleo Herb Crackers

Print Recipe

2 cups almond flour

2 tablespoon favrite herbs of choice (I used a blend of pizza seasoning and rosemary)

2 tablespoons water

1 egg white

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 teaspoon coconut oil

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine almond flour, salt, and spices in a medium mixing bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together the water, egg white, olive oil, and coconut oil (melted).  Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until stiff dough forms and all dry ingredients are wet.  This may take a lot of stir to accomplish this.  You can also place everything in the food processor and process until the batter forms into a dough ball.  If it doesn’t add a little more water or olive oil to the batter and process again.

NOTE: If you go the stir method and the dough it still not coming together add a little more water or olive oil until it does form a dough.  You don’t want it to be overly wet though or it will need more time in the oven.

Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to an even thickness of about 1/8 of an inch.  Transfer parchment to a baking sheet pan and remove the top piece of parchment.  Using a pizza cutter trim off uneven edges of dough, then cut the sheet of dough into cracker size pieces/squares.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Turn off oven and let crackers sit inside oven for an additional 10 minutes, until golden.

Let crackers cool and enjoy!

76 Responses to Paleo Herb Crackers

1. Katrina says:

I need to try these! Yum!

2. […] that I'm going to try as well – I will do it before then, just to make sure its good. I also found a cracker recipe to try so I can have some cheese and crackers on new years […]

3. Adriane says:

I never knew it was so difficult to find gluten free crackers…until I found out I had a severe gluten allergy and went on a man hunt for them! Thank you for this recipe – I will be trying them tomorrow!

4. […] way, ok not totally traditional in the Paleo world but in my Paleo traditional way, dipped with a Paleo Cracker. But you can also use this salsa in scrambled eggs for breakfast, on top of a salad, there are […]

5. April says:

Made these today for the big Niner’s game. They were a hit. My non-paleo husband loved topping one with a slice of derby cheddar and a drizzle of local honey. I made a heaping dish of baba ghanoush for myself!

6. […] Paleo herb crackers […]

7. Jenny D. says:

I followed the recipe as listed, and the crackers turned out amazing! So easy to make and they taste great. I just discovered your website and am blown away – thank you for the thoughtfulness you put into these recipes. Cannot wait to try them all :)

8. Grace says:

Do you have nutritional stats on these or any of your recipes? I would love them

Hi Grace,
    I don’t offer nutritional stats on my recipes because I just share them for fun. There are many sites out there that you can plug in the ingredient list and it will calculate the nutritional data for you. :)
    Thanks,
    MD

10. […] my almond flour.  If you don’t mind using almond flour I would also suggest you try using my Paleo Herb Cracker batter to make the tart.  I’m sure it would be just as yummy.  Maybe next time I will try […]

11. Cathy says:

I’ve just recently started eating Paleo and I’m missing bread and crackers so much. I just made these crackers and they are so simple to make and delicious! I think I’ll definitely be making a batch of these every week. Can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Thanks!

12. Jaclynn says:

I just tried making these and they turned out great. They were so easy to make. I love all the recipes of yours that I’ve tried so far. I couldn’t find any pizza seasoning so I just made used:
    2 teaspoon oregano
    1 teaspoon basil
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon thyme
    1/2 teaspoon fennel
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
    1/2 teaspoon ginger

Awesome Jaclynn! Love your additions. :)

14. […] addicting, and hard to stop eating once you’ve stopped.  Oh and I came across these on Multiply Delicious, […]

15. […] Paleo Herb Crackers from Multiply Delicious Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites from the The Food Lovers Primal Palate Bacon and Guacamole Sammies from Nom Nom Paleo Chocolate Covered Bacon from Paleo Diet Lifestyle Apple Cider Paleo Donuts from Paleo Spirit Elizabeth August 1st, 2012 |  Print This Recipe […]

16. […] them used to eating things in a different way. Like tuna salad with Paleo crackers (recipe here: http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2011/09/paleo-herb-crackers/) instead of on bread as a sandwich. Buy some almond meal […]

17. Can you use almond meal instead of almond flour? Would that also work?
    Thanks!

Hi!
    Sure, you could use almond meal as well for these crackers.

19. […] multiplydelicious.com via Angela on […]

20. Liz says:

Might’ve cut them too small and the naughty part of my oven burned them but they were great. Held up better than I expected and have that cheesy-but-actually-nutty taste. Ate them with LOTS of pate!

21. […] don’t take long so it’s an instant gratification kind of thing. Recipe adapted from this one over at Multiply […]

22. amy says:

you are a GENIUS!! i am in love with these and have been looking for a crunchy, savory paleo snack. YUM and THANKS!!

23. […] I got I relax for once. While hanging out I made some paleo crackers and cashew cheese. I’m very interested in seeing how the cheese ends […]

24. Aerie-el says:

These are AWESOME! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
    The seasonings I used included 1 T Italian seasoning, 1/2 T garlic powder, 1/2 T Penzey’s Mitchell Street Steak Seasoning.

25. Jo says:

Just made these – they are awesome!! Love the parchment paper/rolling out idea too. Simple as…. Thanks :-)

26. Sherry says:

These are awesome….when we made them they actually came out like the picture…not like most paleo we’ve tried. AND they tasted delicious too! Thanks!

27. Jenn says:

Are these whole30 friendly? They seem to be?

Hi Jenn,
    Sure, these could be whole30 friendly.

29. […] Paleo Herb CrackersFor a gluten-free cracker packed with flavor and crunch, combine almond flour, water, oil, and some favorite herbs. Spread […]

30. Tracy says:

Just made a batch using a mix of herbs and some chilli flakes. Lovely crackers with great texture. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

31. Delishia Cochran says:

Just found your site, i am new to the paleo lifestyle and am more primal. So far everything i have baked has turned into a disaster. These crackers were awesome and i am so proud of them and me :). I used half almond flour and half fax meal, omitted salt, italian seasoning and natures seasoning, which has salt and garlic in it, and a pinch of parmesan So so happy to have stumbled across you. Looking forward to more things from your site.

32. Lauren says:

Hi Heather, I just made a batch of these tonight and they are A-MAZING!! I was in need of a little paleo comfort snack and these were just perfect! I made a sweet version using a bit of nutmeg, cinnamon and honey in lieu of the herbs. Next time I will use all coconut oil if I make them “sweet” again. I also brushed on a bit of coconut oil, cinnamon and honey right when the timer went off just to give them a bit of a ‘glaze’ topping. Anyway, thanks for such a phenomenal recipe. :)

33. Kim says:

I made these on a whim to go with some herb and garlic goat cheese I bought, and I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a snack as much as I enjoyed these. These crackers are amazing! (I used oregino and basil in mine, equal amounts)

34. Betsy says:

I made these for a small gathering and put out along side some whole grain crackers (for those pesky grain eaters) and salmon and cheese. My guests ate all of these crackers and they hardly touched the whole grain. I have another batch in the oven now, that I’ll only have to share with my husband. :-) I used a salt-free garlic herb seasoning – delicious! Thanks.

35. Laura says:

These were yummy!!! Will definitely make again. I used basil and some special sea salt. Next time I plan to use rosemary.

36. Eden Holt says:

I love these! I just stumbled upon your website and tried this recipe right away. What a treat! These were so easy to make and were great with some paleo tuna salad. Thank you!!

37. […] that was a huge hit was Ben and Cari W.’s Paleo Herb Crackers from MultiplyDelicious.com!  They were tasty and delivered just the right amount of crunch and Rosemary […]

38. Deb McNeil says:

these are great. I am new to Paleo and have been missing my crackers…add a bit of grated lemon peel for some extra zest.

39. Debra says:

Made mine exactly as the recipe states except I used a raspberry chipotle spice blend. Delicious!

40. Abby says:

Do you have to separate the crackers on the pan before baking, or do you just cut them and leave them together/touching? Also, I have fresh rosemary…if I used that how much would I need? Thanks!

41. Josh says:

Made these crackers tonight and they just didn’t turn out. The wet mixture wasn’t even close to firming up the dough. Any advice would be great. They look great.

Abby,

No, you don’t have to separate the crackers before baking. Just bake and separate after. :) And fresh rosemary would work great. Just need to use more depending on your taste preference. Thanks!

Josh,
    You need to keep stirring and let the mixture completely get wet…it takes several stirs. If the batter is still not coming together add a 1/2 tablespoon more of oil and 1/2 tablespoon more of water.

44. Charlie says:

Ps I remade this and used 1 1/2 tbsp of water and was perfect. I used both ground almonds from shop and those ground at home. Perhaps some almond flour absorbs more?

45. Drew says:

Hello, I’m so excited to make these for my son who is missing his crackers very bad.. Would coconut flour work?? It’s all I have on hand right now…

46. Kerrin says:

Wow! Great cracker. Simple and very versatile. A couple minutes before I found your recipe, I ordered a box of paleo crackers off the internet. Now I know I won’t need to do that again! I wonder if a “cheesy” version of the cracker might be made by adding a little nutritional yeast. Thanks for the recipe.

47. sasha says:

just made these, thanks, really good, added garlic and cayenne