I’m a little in love with these Paleo Herb Crackers, so much so I have made them 3 times in the past week.  Wow!  I know crazy, but here is another crazy thing…I have also made the Coconut Chicken Nuggets 3 times too!  Yes, I guess I’ve had a addicted type of personality these days in the kitchen!  That or I’m too lazy to make anything else.  Hmmm?  Possibly so since life is totally crazy lately, hence the lack of blog posts on the other side of the blog.  I promise I will try to get back to a somewhat normal posting soon.

Ok, back to these crackers….  since the nuggets require a egg yolk and the crackers require a egg white they are a great pairing when I’m cooking one or the other.  Nothing wasted.  Perfect, especially considering I love them both.  The crackers can be changed up depending on what spices you want to add too.  I have a organic salt free pizza seasoning that rocks in these crackers.  I also added rosemary, which is another one of my favorite herbs.  But again, you get to decide what spice you like best.  I’m telling you though these crackers are very addicting.  They are a great little quick “snack”, but of course in proportion if you are following a Paleo lifestyle.  My little munchkins loved these too so I added these to their lunch box a couple times last week.  If your little ones don’t like spices keep that in mind when picking your spices of choice.  For example, the pizza seasoning I use has red pepper flakes and if you get a bite of cracker with too much of red pepper flake it can have a little spicy bite.  Some little ones don’t like the heated spices.  If you do try different spices come back and leave a comment letting me know what you added and what you and your family liked.  I would love to hear.  I’m seriously thinking about doing a “sweet” like cracker with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice….I wonder how that would taste.  To be continued…if I try it I’ll let you know.

Enjoy the crackers everyone and I’ll be back later this week with a special treat….a giveaway!

Paleo Herb Crackers

Print Recipe

2 cups almond flour

2 tablespoon favrite herbs of choice (I used a blend of pizza seasoning and rosemary)

2 tablespoons water

1 egg white

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 teaspoon coconut oil

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine almond flour, salt, and spices in a medium mixing bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together the water, egg white, olive oil, and coconut oil (melted).  Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until stiff dough forms and all dry ingredients are wet.  This may take a lot of stir to accomplish this.  You can also place everything in the food processor and process until the batter forms into a dough ball.  If it doesn’t add a little more water or olive oil to the batter and process again.

NOTE: If you go the stir method and the dough it still not coming together add a little more water or olive oil until it does form a dough.  You don’t want it to be overly wet though or it will need more time in the oven.

Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to an even thickness of about 1/8 of an inch.  Transfer parchment to a baking sheet pan and remove the top piece of parchment.  Using a pizza cutter trim off uneven edges of dough, then cut the sheet of dough into cracker size pieces/squares.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Turn off oven and let crackers sit inside oven for an additional 10 minutes, until golden.

Let crackers cool and enjoy!

76 Responses to Paleo Herb Crackers

1. Barbara says:

I made these the other day and I loved them. I am getting ready to make another batch now! Thank you for sharing!!

2. Andi says:

I am confused!!! My crackers are just dry powdery flakes. There doesn’t seem to be enough moisture at all to make them dough-ee or stick together. What do I do?!

You really need to take the time to stir everything together until it incorporates. A couple stirs won’t do it. If the dough is still too dry add a little more olive oil or water to the dough. You don’t want the dough to be completely wet. Another option is to place everything in the food processor and process it until it makes a dough ball. Still too dry, then add the olive oil or water to the dough and process until it does form a ball.

4. Sascha says:

My favorite recipe ever! Thanks for sharing!

5. Amanda says:

Hi Heather, can you give an idea of how best to store these and how long they keep for even though yours don’t stay around long enough for storage!! Thanks

6. Kelsie says:

These are still cooling, but just thought I’d chime in….

I needed quite a bit of extra liquid to make the dough ball up…even in the food processor. Maybe my almond flour/meal was dryer than most? I make my own using the pulp from making almond milk. Also, next time I make these (pretty sure there will be a next time, they are tasty, even from what I have snitched from the oven…and the 2 pieces I just left cooling on the counter seem to have disappeared…little fingers of hungry little boys, I think ;) ), I think I will add quite a bit more salt, more just for the sake of personal taste. Maybe sprinkle/press some into the tops of the crackers before baking? I used a store brand italian spice blend for seasoning, btw. :) Thanks for the recipe!

Hi Amanda,

You can store these in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 3 to 4 days and they will stay fresh. You can also freeze them into individual bags and take out when you need a snack…just let them come to room temp. :) Enjoy!

8. Eve says:

I made these tonight & they turned out perfectly! Used whole almonds which I ground down to coarse flour in coffee/nut grinder. The almond skins gave the crackers a great taste. I added Moroccan seasoning and fresh rosemary then used a blender to bring the dry and wet ingredients together. They baked perfectly & tasted great!

9. Emily says:

Just tried this, and they smell DELICIOUS!
    I made a few tweaks though-
    *Instead of 2c almond flour, I used half a cup of almond flour, half a cup coarse almond meal (skins on), half a cup of flaxseed meal, and half a cup of tapioca starch.
    *I used 1 tsp lawry’s seasoned salt
    *I added 1tbsp of tomato paste, and LOTS of basil!

10. […] Paleo Herb CrackersFor a gluten-free cracker packed with flavor and crunch, combine almond flour, water, oil, and some favorite herbs. Spread […]

11. Amanda says:

These wer awesome! !! Used fresh rosemary. About to make again.

12. Sarabellem says:

super good!!!!! Will be a staple in our house. Used parsley/rosemary…nom nom

13. Mazie says:

This is a fab recipe! I just made it and used Mrs. Dash for the seasoning and it turned out delicious! My daughter and I just started on the paleo and this satisfies our crunch cravings! Thanks so much!

14. zoely says:

you think there’s any way to make it into a flat bread recipe? this is one of the first Paleo recipes I have really liked !

These are delicious! Just made my first batch and did it in the blender. They turned out perfectly. So good to have a savoury snack that’s Paleo AND satisfies the craving! :-) Now to put them in the freezer so I don’t eat them all!

16. […] Paleo Ranch Chicken Nuggets 23. Blueberries and Cream Popsicles 24. Paleo Raspberry Pop Tarts 25. Paleo Herb Crackers 26. Paleo Plantain Chips Thanks for reading and happy cookin’! -Ali […]

17. Melissa Fiechtber says:

These look YUMMY! I can’t wait to try this recipe today!

18. Melissa Fiechtber says:

I tried them in the food processor..They turned out perfectly! Might be my new favorite recipe.. YUMMY.. wondering if there is a way to make them slightly crisper?

19. Zoe says:

I used coconut milk instead of water and the mixture got together instantly without using blender or food processor. I brought the crackers to a dinner and everyone loved it. Thanks for the recipe!

20. tc says:

I made these the herb way and a dessert way. For the herbs I used rosemary and for the dessert I used apple pie spice and ground cloves and ceylon cinnamon all organic. They turned out tasting like little square apple turnovers. Sooo gooood.

21. tc says:

It does make me wonder though….how a batch of these little darlings would taste if I did them with garlic powder and brushed them with ghee. Garlic-butter? Hhmmm. I see another batch coming in the near future. Lol

22. Judy Hudgins says:

Love these herb crackers. Did you ever try a sweet version? I would love to have a recipe with something like apple or pumpkin pie spices but don’t know how much of either to add to the dough. Also, would it need additional sweetener?

23. Aruna says:

Great recipe! I added about one tablespoon each of tomato paste, season all, and Italian seasoning. And about 1tsp garlic powder. Crackers had a great tomato-cheese flavor with a nice kick from the garlic powder. Thanks!!

24. I am definitely one of those people that needs a good crunchy snack. I actually searched Paleo crackers and your site came up. Will be trying as soon as I buy almond flour.

25. Marisa Moon says:

Anyone try freezing these? I assume they will freeze well…what do you think?