I have another Paleo treat for you and this is another quick and easy recipe.  It only takes minutes to put together but you do have to wait while these little muffins cook up in the oven.  The little ones can help in making these in the kitchen too.  My girls got in the kitchen and helped me with these.  They have become mommy’s little helper in the kitchen lately.  For this recipe they helped peel the bananas and had a great time mashing them up.  They added all the dry ingredients to the bowl and soon afterwards we were filling the muffin tin.  And the sprinkling of the additional chocolate chips on top of the muffins made these even more fun to make.  Once these little treats were done it wasn’t too far afterwards the little ones had chocolate faces and chocolate hands and with big smiles on their faces.  Which meant they were a success.  Especially when they ask if they could have them “all” week in their lunch boxes.  I don’t feel too bad putting these Paleo muffins in their lunch box either.  And just between you and I, I also snuck one in my lunch box one day too.  They are definitely a treat, but a very much needed treat every now and then.  Especially after a hard workout….ha!  Kidding….well sort of!  But best of all in my book, the kids love them!

Enjoy!

Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Print Recipe

3/4 cup almond butter

1 cup almond flour

3 medium ripe bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional – I love cinnamon)

1/3 cup plus more for topping muffins Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (Dairy-Free, Soy Free, Gluten-Free) – I find mine at Whole Foods

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin pan with coconut spray (found at Whole Foods – love).

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix everything is incorporated.  Now stir chocolate chips into batter.  Pour batter into prepared muffin tin filling all 12 cups evenly.  Top muffins with a few additional chocolate chips.

Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let the muffins cool and remove from pan.  And enjoy!!

Makes 12 muffins, you could also make this into a loaf of bread too.  I’m sure it would be just as yummy.  Mini muffins would work too.  Of course, you would have to adjust the bake time accordingly.

22 Responses to Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1. Katrina says:

Love these! What a neat idea for a quick breakfast. For some reason I never put almonds in my muffins, so this will be a great change :)

2. Oh, yay! I’m so excited to have this recipe. It seems we are thinking alike these days with the paleo and grain-free recipes. :) I’ll give these a try!

3. Kate says:

These are fabulous! I made some for my 4 year old who I am trying to get off Cliff Bars and he loved his “special” muffins! So did the rest of the adults in the house. Thank you!!!

4. Tracy says:

These were delicious! my kids loved them and asked for them in their lunches! I made them in a mini muffin tin so there would be more. Will be making again very soon.

5. patricia says:

wow! thank you! these look AMAZING and i can not wait to make them! it has been so long since i’ve had something sweet, just the sight of your photo has me salivating. :) thanks

6. amanda says:

cant wait to try! wondering if substituting natural peanut butter would work instead of almond butter-dont have it in the house. think i will just try it and see!!

Hi Amanda,
    You can give it a try. I’m sure peanut butter would be ok to substitute. Let us know how they turn out.
    MD

8. [...] This recipe is originally from Multiply Delicious‘ Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. [...]

9. [...] flour in the healthy/organic section of Wegmans. BUT yesterday I found both! I pinned this delicious recipe from Multiply Delicious a little while ago and my sister picked it from my Paleo Diet board as the [...]

10. Sheila says:

Made these for my husband’s bday. Used Trader Joe’s Raw crunchy almond butter and added 1tsp of vanilla and baked in mini muffin size. They were delicious! Very reminiscent of the banana choc chip muffins his late mother used to make, which everyone loved. :)

11. claudia says:

Yum! These are great! Even my non-paleo husband loved these!

12. Kathy larsen says:

I love these muffins they are so easy and simple. I feel like I’m cheating eating them. Does anybody know how many calories would be in each one?

13. Julie says:

Where do we get these chocolate chips from? Do they have sugar in them?

Hi Julie,
    You can find the chips at most health food stores, but you can also use unsweetened 100% dark chocolate chopped into pieces.

15. Sylvia says:

Made them to ight and they are delish! Moist, naturall sweet and super easy to make!

16. [...] recipe is slightly modified from this recipe at Multiply Delicious and yields 12 [...]

17. Leyla says:

THESE WERE AWESOME. I RAN OUT OF ALMOND FLOUR SO I USED HALF ALMOND FLOUR AND HALF COCONUT FLOUR! It was awesome! Making hem again tonight!

18. amanda says:

These are amazing. The only changes I made were I added 1/4 tsp sea salt, and tsp of vanilla. My five year old ate 3 and then finished his sisters. Thank you for such a great recipe.

19. Jennifer says:

Hi. Love your recipes.
    I just tried this with cashew butter instead of almond butter and frozen blueberries in place of chocolate chips in a pyrex pan. Although tasty, it turned out so mushy. Any advice or suggestions, please?

Hi Jennifer,
    A couple things….the sub of frozen blueberries will add moisture to the batter so that may be a reason for the mushy texture you got. Also, the pyrex pan is going to be an issue. If you baked it like a cake in a pyrex pan then you are going to need to bake it longer than you would muffins (or the time suggested in the recipe). One more thing, the pyrex pan is going to be different in terms of how long you will need to bake based off that is glass compared to the material of a traditional muffin pan. I hope this helps. :)

21. Jennifer says:

Thank you so much for all the helpful advice! I’ll definitely try it again sticking to the original recipe this time. :)
    I am so happy to have found your website for all the grain-free & sugar-free recipes. Really appreciate your help!