Last Friday marked the 1st day of Fall! Crazy to think Fall is here! I love Fall, but here in South Florida we don’t get much of Fall. Actually our winter’s are more like our Fall. The funniest thing is the girls learned about Fall at school last week. They came home last Thursday full of knowledge about Fall and all the things that Fall is “supposed” to bring….leaves change color, no sunshine (not sure about that one), leaves falling, piles of leaves to jump in, they get to wear boots, and Halloween. I laughed out loud as they explained all this to me in a very excited manner. I actually didn’t even know Friday was the 1st day of Fall until they came home with much excitement to tell me. But when Friday came, they didn’t understand why the sun was still out and the leaves weren’t changing colors and falling. They also didn’t understand why they couldn’t wear their boots to school. Having to explain that in Florida we don’t get Fall like other parts of the USA was a little hard. I was able to convince them that the sun shining was good because it makes us smile. They agreed the sun was necessary but the boots took a little more persuading. I tried to tell them that 90 degree weather wouldn’t be too much fun to wear boots in. They ended up scoring a pair of pink boots when the temperatures do drop though…thanks to their daddy.
As I was on Pinterest recently I came across the above checklist….and loved it! Some of the things will be hard to do in South Florida but I’m still going to use it as my checklist. What’s on your checklist for fall?
Nothing like a little daydreaming…..I tend to do it a lot!
And I like to call myself a Daydream Believer! Are you a daydream believer?
Here is why I am…..
1.) I found my prince charming, which yes I daydreamed about…a lot!
2.) It makes me smile, therefore I believe it has a positive effect
3.) I was a NCAA College Athlete, which as a little girl I daydreamed of being.
4.) I’m a mommy, I always daydreamed of the fun I would have with my kids….and now I’m doing it every day!
5.) Daydreaming makes you reach for things you don’t think you can achieve…but you can!
6.) I’m a believer just because…..it works!
7.) Love, I dreamed of one day finding what love really is….and I believe I found that.
8.) It’s healthy for the soul, not sure if there is actually written documents saying this is true but I like to think that it’s healthy.
9.) I’m a believer because when I daydream as a adult it makes me feel like a kid again when all I did was daydream about the “future”. Now I daydream about a different kind of future.
10.) And most of all because daydreams can and do come true!
And after all, a little day dreaming always brings a little……
Sunshine into your life!!!
Keep daydreaming everyone! You never know when one of those dreams will become reality!
Pictures from: Scout’s Honor Co.
Life is beautiful….in so many ways. Sometimes all we have to do is stop and remember that! We get wrapped up in our day to day life that we forget that life is really beautiful! In so many ways!
Here are 10 reasons why I think Life is Beautiful….
8.) Earth – Ocean, Mountains, Flowers, Sky…all that is offers
9.) A smile
Now stop and think about the 10 reasons why you think Life is Beautiful. Write them down and smile.
Picture from Eleni’s Cookie’s
Happy Father’s Day to all you Dad’s out there! I also have to give a special Happy Daddy’s Day to my dad and to my amazing husband. I am lucky to have two amazing men in my life and two amazing dad’s!
Here are 10 things my dad has taught me while growing up that have stuck with me thru these years and some are even recent…
1.) Always follow your heart it will guide you in the right direction.
2.) Love what you do, and if you don’t love what you do right now find that something that you will love and that will make you happy.
3.) Always have humor in your life. You should be able to laugh at yourself and have fun.
4.) Life is too short, enjoy each and every moment of today….not tomorrow. Tomorrow will be here soon and you can focus on that when it comes.
5.) Being a parent doesn’t come with instructions. Just be the best parent you can be and love them with all your heart. That will be the best gift you can give.
6.) Don’t be hard on yourself, it will only bring you down.
7.) Laugh, drink, and be happy!
8.) Don’t get wrapped up on the small stuff, focus on the big stuff. Those are usually more important.
9.) Always say please and thank you and remember your manners because people will remember you have them.
10.) Give love, take love, and be in love!
What are some of the things your father has taught you thru the years?
Happy Father’s Day everyone!!
What makes you happy? Is there something that always brings a smile to your face? Makes you laugh uncontrollably? Makes your heart flutter? Maybe it’s even a nice bowl of ice cream? Or being somewhere? There are so many different things and moments in our lives that bring us happiness.
Here are 10 things that make me happy….
- My girls! I could have never guessed the amount of happiness they would bring into my life. They make me laugh and smile every day! I love them with all my heart!
- My husband! It’s almost 6 years that we’ve been married and over 8 years that we’ve been together and he will always fill my life with happiness.
- Parker, our 90 pound white fur ball that greets me at the door every day with a smile and a wagging tail. I love that dog!!
- A day at the beach building sand castles and splashing in the water with my family.
- Friday night date night with my husband, usually eating dinner while sitting in front of the TV watching a movie.
- Spending time with my mom just talking.
- Being in Charleston, SC – I love that city and when I’m there I’m always happy to be there.
- A crisp fall day in October looking for the perfect pumpkin. If we are lucky enough we may get one or two of those cold fronts come through Florida, which makes it perfect for the pumpkin patch hunt.
- Thanksgiving Day, it’s one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about the cooking, the eating, the football, the parade…but most of all being with family and giving thanks!
- Cooking, as silly as it may sound I love cooking! It calms and relaxes me. It’s also allows me to be creative in weird sort of way. I love exploring my cabinets or looking through cookbooks and coming up with a dish of me own. Of course, I’m even more happy when the dish actually tastes good too!
So what makes you the most happy? After all, happiness is a must in everyone’s life!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Photo from: By Fyrd Design